Asynchronous distance-learning services are offered by the ASPETE's Open eClass platform which supports the organization and management of courses using Internet tools.
The platform may also be used as a supplement to face-to-face instruction that supports course management and interaction among the members of a class by facilitating
|• the provision of digital educational material
• uploading of announcements and its automatic forwarding via email
• the electronic submission of student projects within specific deadlines
• the organization and management of fora
• the organization of student work teams
• the organization and management of synchronous conversation (chat) and wiki
• the provision of course information and the creation of an agenda
• the provision of useful links
• the provision of automatic or non-automatic evaluation exercises
Basic characteristics of eClass platform are:
distinguishe role of users such as:
- The user-instructor is person in charge for the creation and management of his electronic courses.His account provided by the eClass platform administrator .
- The user-student can be registered in each course that is allowed to have access from the creator-instructor.His account is created automatically by the platform after his electronic registration at eClass platform.
distinguish categories of courses:
- Open courses are the courses of free access from all even without they allocate account in the platform.
- Openly in registration are the courses in which user-student can have access only if allocates account in the platform and registers himself in the course. Also alternative the responsible instructor can fix a password for accessing the course .
- Closed courses are the courses in which a user that has account in the platform has access only if he is allowed by the responsible instructor.