Diploma Supplement (DS)
As from June 2008, all ASPETE’s graduates receive, upon graduation, a Diploma Supplement (DS), which follows the model developed by the European Commission, Council of Europe and UNESCO/CEPES. The DS is issued both in Greek and in English, automatically and free of charge.
ASPETE is a holder of the DS Label 2012/15, an honorary distinction awarded by the European commission and EACEA to Higher Education Institutions
For students, the Diploma Supplement offers:
• A diploma that is more readable and easily comparable abroad;
• A precise description of their academic career and the competencies acquired during the study period;
• An objective description of their achievements and competencies;
• Easier access to opportunities of work or further studies abroad; and
• It fosters their employability.
For Higher Education Institutions, the benefits are:
• It facilitates academic and professional recognition, thus increasing the transparency of qualifications;
• It protects national/institutional autonomy while offering a common frame which is accepted all over Europe;
• It promotes informed judgements about qualifications that can be understood in another educational context;
• It raises the visibility of the institution abroad;
• It promotes the employability of their graduates at national and international level;
• It helps to save time since it provides the answers to a lot of recurrent questions put to administrative services in institutions about the content and portability of diplomas.
First Cycle Degree Programmes DS Samples:
Electrical Engineering Educators: Greek version, English version
Electronic Engineering Educators: Greek version, English version
Mechanical Engineering Educators: Greek version, English version
Civil & Structural Engineering Educators: Greek version, English version
Civil & Construction Engineering Educators: Greek version, English version