Synchronous and Asynchronous Distance-Learning and Teleconference services are offered to the members of staff and students of ASPETE by means of:
• properly equipped, H.320/H.323 distance-learning rooms situated in ASPETE’s central premises (Athens) and ASPETE’s Branches (Thessaloniki, Patra, Volos, Ioannina, Heraklion/Crete, Sapes).
• the Internet, by using the open synchronous distance-learning “BigBlue Button” platform (pilot operation).
• open teleconference software provided by the Greek University Network (GUNET) as well as teleconference services provided by the Greek Research & Technology Network (GRNET).
• the open e-Class platform for course management.
The above infrastructure contributes to the upgrading of the services offered by ASPETE in the following ways:
– by enhancing educational activities through the employment of internet-based course-management environments.
– by supporting modern educational techniques such as distance learning.
– by providing the possibility of distant cooperation (through videoconference).
– by enabling cooperation with community.
ASPETE participates in the GUNET (Greek University Network) which supports the development of distance-learning activities in higher education.